Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Realization - I am my Papa's granddaughter





Over time, I've come to realize that I'm more and more like my Papa with each passing year...
  1. I have a passion for gardening - both vegetable and flower and am hoping to have a small orchard like he did one day
  2. I LOVE recipes and collect them obsessively. He had a computer jam packed full of recipes from around the world.
  3. Along with the recipe thing, I love to cook. Here, I'm blended with Grandma and Papa since Papa loved to cook and Grandma was more into baking. I thoroughly enjoy both and my office-mates enjoy the benefits of frequent left-overs.
  4. I love watching birds (note to self, I still need to get a bird book). Which I get from all my grandparents all around. I could sit for hours just looking, watching their flutterings.
  5. I love the water. Grandma and Papa always lived near water and though I'm no where near water now, I long to be re-connected with any body of water - I'm not picky.
  6. I'm very interested in wood-working. Papa had the most amazing wood shop imagineable. He had enough tools to do anything anyone would want to do with wood. Our favorite was to make bird houses with him (see #4) and hang them around his garden and orchard (see #1).
  7. I enjoy teaching. He wasn't very fond of children but in my memory he had a great amount of patience with us and would teach us everything about what he loved. Woodworking, gardening, fishing, cooking (to a small extent - I learned mostly by watching from afar)... He even taught my brother to use a riding lawn mower. To credit my grandmas too, I come from a family of teachers so it is only natural that I would come to love it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment